- Date published
- Date modified
This roadmap shows what the Design System team is currently planning to work on over the next 12 months. This roadmap is open to change and we welcome community input. For more detail, including the team's current and upcoming sprint goals, please see the public project board.
Things we are currently working on:
- Add more detailed documentation and rationale around existing templates.
- Build most-requested component from the community:
- Improvements to
- Simplify onboarding processes for designers, developers and product owners
- Version control for Sketch files using Design System components and templates
Things we will be working on in the near future:
- Work with GovCMS team to ensure tight feedback loops between Design System and default GovCMS theme
- Expand template offerings to include commonly-requested templates (for example, search engine result pages, entry/exit steps to multi-factor authentication)
Things we will be working on in the long term:
- Work with the Dept of Finance to improve the govCMS theme that uses the design system.
- Seperate the Design System React components into a separate repository.
- Investigate using react component code to automatically generate version controlled sketch files.