This roadmap shows what the Design System team is currently planning to work on over the coming year. This roadmap is open to change and we welcome the community input. For more detail, including the teams current and upcoming sprint goals, please see the public project board
Things we are working on currently:
- Form component that details guidance around form design, validation, labels, hint text and error messages.
- Full page form template example using aforementioned form component.
- Add more detailed documentation and rationale around existing templates.
- Improve component architecture:
- Reduce total file size of component library.
- Decrease install time of components.
- Speed up deployment pipelines.
- Automate documentation across all repositories.
- Improve offline experience by implementing a service worker.
Things we will be working on in the near future:
- Build most requested components from the community such as tables and cards.
- Sourcing contributions from the community for an Angular implimentation of the Design System.
- Make it easier to get started with and contribute to the Design System:
- Run a workshop on getting started with the Design System.
- Video tutorials on getting started with the Design System, customising colours etc.
- Refine the existing contribution guide.
- Decouple components from one another.
Things we will be working on in the long term:
- Work with the Dept of Finance to improve the govCMS theme that uses the design system.
- Seperate the Design System React components into a separate repository.
- Investigate using react component code to automatically generate version controlled sketch files.